Built in 1810 as a marble works The Woodyard has a long history in bakewell. Some of the main features of the mill are still visible in the restaurant. The glass floor in front of the bar shows the old millstream running through the building. After being a mill for some years the building was split into two sections, the front remaining as a marble works, with the back section being turned into a woodyard.
The restaurant was formerly called The Pointing Dog & Duck but when Cath and Malc took over they changed it to The Woodyard as they are local people and knew the buildings history.
Here at The Woodyard we offer a relaxed and friendly environment accompanied with fresh homemade food.
We also have extensive seating it our amazing beer garden, which is the only beer garden in Bakewell which over looks the river Wye.